The Internet Engineering Task Force, the multi-stakeholder organization which shepherds the standards process for many of the technologies used on-line, is continuing to evolve that process. Protocol standards are already expected to include discussions on their security and privacy implications, in order to force an explicit conversation on those issues and hopefully encourage the development… Continue reading IETF and the HRPC working group
I’ve begun to transition this site to use Lets Encrypt! for signing of SSL. Because the site has specified an HPKP previously, a transition period is needed where clients can see the old certification signing the intention to transition to the new certification.
That process has started, and the full transition will happen in a couple months. The good news is that the letsencrypt setup process was otherwise painless.
The video of my talk last month on scanning the Internet using Node.js has been published by Cascadia Fest.
I’m quite excited to be talking at CascadiaFest this summer about the work I’ve been doing on scanning the Internet. My talk proposal is archived here. The cool end-results are still getting ready for publication, but one of the code modules I’m pretty excited about that happened in the process is ip2country.
I’m excited to be supported by the Open Technology Fund on my research of activist.js. I’ve found myself in highly esteemed company, and hope to live up to goals of program. Will Scott, a graduate student in the Networking Lab at the University of Washington, will continue his work on Activist.js, a tool that helps… Continue reading Open Tech Fund
I gave a talk last week at CCC in Hamburg on the state of consumer technology in Pyongyang. It’s available for streaming online. Images shown in the talk are available.
I started ip2country over the last few days, as a self contained npm module for determining the country of an IP address.
WebRTC continues to develop towards an evolving standard, requiring some additional leg work to use it in projects. In yet another attempt at bridging that gap, I’ve been working on maintaining an adapter lessening some of the deviation from standard in current browsers.
It currently fixes
- Response of format of getStats in Chrome
- Translation to ‘url’ from the standard ‘urls’ when configuration is passed to Firefox
- Emission of the ‘negotiationneeded’ event when a data channel is created in Firefox
The main hope is that this will be easier to include in projects than previous attempts.